SHELL’S LEADING INDUSTRIAL GEAR OIL
Shell Omala S2 G oil is formulated to provide extra protection and performance for industrial gears. Under extreme pressure conditions, it is an oil that you can rely on to provide long life, and to keep your gears working efficiently by offering good corrosion protection and water separation. It is widely recognised and approved by leading equipment manufacturers.
Designed to protect
Protecting gears from damage can help to increase service life and maximise your return on investment. Shell Omala S2 G can help to achieve this by
- providing good performance in the four main wear tests:
- FZG load-carrying-capacity test (DIN 51534), which assesses resistance to scuffing
- FZG wear test (ASTM D4998), which assesses resistance to wear
- four-ball load-carrying test (IP 239), which assesses resistance to seizure
- FAG FE-8 test (DIN 51819), which assesses protection for rolling bearings
- exceeding FZG scuffing resistance test requirements even under severe, double-speed testing.
Designed for long oil life
Limiting fluid degradation can help to prolong oil life. Shell Omala S2 G is designed to help you operate for longer without interruption – for reduced maintenance requirements and enhanced productivity. In the industry-standard oil life test, Shell Omala S2 G achieved
- up to 27% less thickening than the maximum allowed after 312 hours at 121°C (ASTM D2893).
Designed for SYSTEM efficiency
A gear oil needs to protect and lubricate efficiently. Shell Omala S2 G is designed to increase productivity by helping equipment to meet or exceed its design capabilities under challenging conditions. It provides
- up to 67% faster water separation to help ensure efficient and constant lubrication.
SPECIFICATIONS AND APPROVALS
Shell Omala S2 G meets the requirements of a wide range of industrial bodies and equipment manufacturers, and is available in viscosity grades from ISO 68 to 1000.
Real-world value delivery
Users of Shell Omala S2 G across a wide range of industries have benefited from the proven, robust and
reliable lubrication that adds value to their operations. For instance, by switching to Shell Omala S2 G some customers have
- extended oil-drain intervals by 50–200% in industries ranging from cement to general manufacturing
- cut filter maintenance costs by 50% and reduced downtime associated with sludge formation
- increased operational efficiency by reducing gearbox operating temperatures, which has resulted in fewer emergency shutdowns related to overheating.
FULL PRODUCT AND SERVICE PORTFOLIO
Whatever your needs or application, we can provide a full range of oils and greases, including synthetic, highperformance products and additional services.