AN ADVANCED, SYNTHETIC INDUSTRIAL GEAR OIL
Shell Omala S4 GX oil is Shell’s fastest selling industrial gear oil. It is Shell’s ultimate formulation, and is designed to provide extra long life and excellent protection under high loads. It is a synthetic oil with a low friction coefficient and good low-temperature performance, which make it ideal for wind turbine and other remote, long-life applications. Shell Omala S4 GX is widely recognised and approved by leading equipment manufacturers.
Designed to protect
Protecting gears from damage can help to increase service life and maximise your return on investment. Shell Omala S4 GX can help to achieve this by
- providing up to 90% less bearing wear than standard FAG test limits
- significantly exceeding the minimum gear protection requirements, even during double-speed testing.
Designed for long oil life
Limiting fluid degradation can help to prolong oil life. Shell Omala S4 GX is designed to help you operate for longer without interruption – for reduced maintenance requirements and enhanced productivity. In the industry-standard oil life test, Shell Omala S4 GX achieved
- up to 47% less thickening than the maximum allowed after 312 hours at 121°C to ensure efficient and consistent lubrication. It was still within the industry-standard limit after 34 days.
Designed for SYSTEM efficiency
A gear oil needs to protect and lubricate efficiently. Shell Omala S4 GX is designed to increase productivity by helping equipment to meet or exceed its design capabilities. Shell Omala S4 GX
- provides up to 78% faster water separation to help ensure efficient and consistent lubrication
- has a 35% lower friction coefficient than Shell Omala S2 G.
SPECIFICATIONS AND APPROVALS
Shell Omala S4 GX meets the requirements of a wide range of industrial bodies and equipment manufacturers, and is available in viscosity grades from ISO 68 to 1000.
Real-world value delivery
Users of Shell Omala S4 GX have benefited from exceptional protection that adds value to their operations. For instance, by switching to Shell Omala S4 GX some customers have
- increased equipment protection: customers have reported that gearbox failures have been virtually eliminated: one customer reports saving over $50,000 a year
- extended oil-drain intervals: some equipment manufacturers approve Shell Omala S4 GX for four-year intervals, and customers have extended oil-drain intervals by up to five times for wind turbines and other applications
- increased operational efficiency: wind turbine operators have increased availability by reducing oil-related shutdowns.
FULL PRODUCT AND SERVICE PORTFOLIO
Whatever your needs or application, we can provide a full range of oils and greases, including synthetic, highperformance products and additional services.