AN ADVANCED, SYNTHETIC GEAR OIL FOR WORM GEARS
Shell Omala S4 WE is Shell’s ultimate dedicated worm-gear oil. It is formulated using a synthetic polyalkylene glycol base oil, which is designed to help maximise worm-gear life and efficiency. Real-world applications show that this oil can offer you excellent oil life and wear protection for worm and spur gears, thus helping you to increase productivity and cut maintenance costs. Shell Omala S4 WE is widely recognised and approved by leading equipment manufacturers.
Designed to protect
Protecting gears from damage can help to increase service life and maximise your return on investment. Shell Omala S4 WE can help to achieve this by offering
- up to 70% less worm-gear wear than Shell Omala S1 W
- up to 45% less spur-gear wear than Shell Omala S1 W.
Designed for long oil life
Limiting fluid degradation can help to prolong oil life. Shell Omala S4 WE is designed to help you operate for longer without interruption – for reduced maintenance requirements and enhanced productivity. In an industry-standard oil life test, Shell Omala S4 WE has
- over twice the oil life compared with conventional oils such as Shell Omala S1 W.
Designed for high efficiency
A gear oil needs to protect and lubricate efficiently. Shell Omala S4 WE is designed to increase productivity by helping equipment to meet or exceed its design capabilities. Shell Omala S4 WE has
- over 10% greater worm-gear efficiency than a standard mineral oil
- a 75% lower friction coefficient than conventional oils such as Shell Omala S1 W.
SPECIFICATIONS AND APPROVALS
Shell Omala S4 WE meets the requirements of a wide range of industrial bodies and equipment manufacturers, and is available in viscosity grades from ISO 150 to 680.
Real-world value delivery
Customers around the world are benefiting from switching to Shell Omala S4 WE. For instance:
- one tyre manufacturer extended its oil-drain intervals from three months to three years in curing press gearboxes to increase productivity
- customers operating worm gears, in particular bronze/steel gear sets, have increased gear life by using Shell Omala S4 WE dedicated wormgear oil
- crane and winch operators have benefited from the superior protection of Shell Omala S4 WE and increased the life of their systems.
FULL PRODUCT AND SERVICE PORTFOLIO
Whatever your needs or application, we can provide a full range of oils and greases, including synthetic, high-performance products and additional services.